BLOG BUDDIES

May 31, 2019

"Breathe In Breathe Out" Easy Mixed Media Layout

Hi everyone, today I want to share how very simple it is to add some mixed media elements to your scrapbook layouts. Mixed media has gotten so popular but still so many are intimidated by the word "Mixed Media". I'm here today to tell you if you are a scrapper or card maker, chances are you are already doing mixed media.

Wikipedia says: Mixed Media is an artwork in which more than one medium or material has been employed. Assemblages and collages are two common examples of art using different media that will make use of different materials including cloth, paper, wood and found objects. So, what that means if you are a card maker you use paper, sometimes stamping with ink, adding embellishments, sometimes markers etc. ... you are already doing mixed media. So don't let the word scare you any longer. Let's get
started with this very simple layout.  
I really wanted the colors on this to be very muted and subtle so that my photo would really be the focal point. The Art Anthology paints I used were our Metal Effects and our Stone Effects (all products will be listed blow in the video description. 
With the use of a couple of our stencils (and we have so many to choose from) this provided added patterns to my paper as well as texture. 
With the addition of some seed beads (because I can't ever get enough texture... lol) and pretty flowers, my layout was finished. I hope you give this a try. Below is a process video of me creating this layout. I hope I was able to inspire you to get in there and add some paints and textures to your scrapbook layouts. xoxo Toni

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.