BLOG BUDDIES

September 14, 2009

Been getting my hands dirty lately....

A simple way for me to bring my family to work with me, I made this to have on my desk at work. I work for Verizon, so Graphic 45 line of "Communique" was a perfect choice of paper to use for this project. Loaded all kinds of embellies which include, rhinestones, lace, grungeboard, crocheted flowers (made by myself), chipboard, Tim Holtz fragments, ribbon, engraved metal labels made on my Pazzles machine, dew drops, and a whole lot more. Doused with a good supply of Tattered angels spray and frosted the edges with my fav distressed ink (black soot)... What fun this was... The Scrapping Lounge/Montclair, CA hosted a scavenger hunt, which required items be located and then you were given a week to create a project with the items. I chose to make a book with a niche which provided a home for some special pictures of my brother. Some of the items that were on the list were, bobby pins, nails, washers, nut & bolts, wire, jewelry, popsicle stick, toothpicks, doily, Starbuck coffee sleeve, corrugated cardboard, paint brush, coffee filter, aluminum foil, hook & eye, snaps, brads, binder clips, paper clips, postmarked stamp, envelope, concert tickets, and a whole lot more. The book was found at a local junk store, in which I cut a niche in both sides, used distressed inks to complete that grundged, aged look. Ranger alcohol inks were used to provide staining. I used glimmer mist to the doily and sheet music for added sparkle. Engraving of tag was made with Pazzles machine. ...hope you enjoy as much as I enjoyed making it. For "YOUNIQUE" my daughter can be a girly girl at times so this paper bag for her had to be sprinkled with glam. Just had fun being a little crazy with this. Lots of little pockets and pull outs to display special moments with her friends. xoxoxo

1 comment:

Jo said...

i truly love your work toni. can't wait to see what's next!

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.