BLOG BUDDIES

March 31, 2019

"Wonderful You" Mixed Media Tag

 
Hi everyone, today I have a special project to share with you. It's my design team project for Art Anthology. Dedicated to a wonderful friend for many many years that I lost almost 2 years ago. The image on the front of this tag is from the very last birthday card she gave me. On the back of this tag I adhered her personal note to me at the time. I think this is  perfect place to hold on to this keepsake. Hope you enjoy my project.
I prepped this wooden tag with white gesso and then collaged book pages as well as scrapbook paper on the top. Then I used a stencil with black modeling paste for some added texture. 
For more vintage goodness I rusted up this metal heart as well as added Ideaology Transparent Wings, & added florals. 
Rust and Patina Texture paste was also added to the corners of the tag for a yummy texture. 
I sprayed my seam binding to match my project and added some rusty wire to wrap around the entire tag. I hope you enjoyed. For your pleasure here is a video of my creative process... xoxo Toni

1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous textured tag and a beautiful way to keep lovely memories
Carol x

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.