BLOG BUDDIES

March 25, 2019

Mixed Media Flower Canvas for Art Anthology


Hi everyone, today I'm playing with some of the new products from Art Anthology and my design team project is this mixed media canvas which I began the textured foundation with Crackle Paste. Then using a stencil I applied the gel based paints from AA using a frosting technique... You can view this in the video below. 
Once the paints were dry I then fussy cut them out and sprayed them with Colorations Spray in Raider  (black) over the entire flowers. The dimensional paints work as a resist so it only colors the background of the flowers. Flowers are then adhered to the canvas and finished off with a dry brushing of gold for highlights. 
Finnabair Melange Pebbles are painted with gold and applied for texture and interest to the canvas and my title was used from Finnabair's Art Cafe Sentiments.  For your pleasure I have included a YOUTUBE video below of my creative process. Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by. 
Entering this project in the following wonderful challenges: 
TIO'S - Say It With Flowers 

9 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Wow - my gosh! This is precious! Simply AMAZING! Thank you so much for joining in at Try It On Tuesday!
Happy day!
Hugs, Susi

My name is Erika. said...

This is really beautiful Thanks for sharing with us at try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Little Artbee said...

Amazing Look made with a gorgeous technique. I love that much. Wonderful Artwork.
Thanks for the inspiring video.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Let's Art Journal said...

What a stunning canvas! I so enjoyed watching your video to find out how you created it ๐Ÿ˜. The flowers are amazing and I love how you built up all the layers; the Minx Shimmering Inks and the Sorbet Amber looks so beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

Meggymay said...

A stunning floral project. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This really looks amazing! Loving the colours and all the fabulous texture! I'm so pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Kath Stewart said...

such a beautiful colourful canvas with so much texture and detail, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

sarascloset said...

So fun to watch this beautiful and unique canvas come to life! Congratulations on your well deserved Spotlight at SSS!

Martina Stoycheva said...

Beautiful, colorful canvas! Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Place.

art (รคrt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.