BLOG BUDDIES

February 13, 2019

Passport Mini Album/10 Easy Mixed Media Background Techniques

Hi everyone,  I have many people tell me that they love the look and idea of mixed media but they are simply too afraid to try it. Well today I have a project I created with 10 of some very simple ways that you can add some mixed media to your next projects. I've compiled them all in a mini album that I created using Eileen Hull's Passport Die and the help of Art Anthology's products.

For your pleasure below is a process video which will show you each individual page more clearly. You don't have to have alot of different supplies just the desire to try something new. 

I also altered this little box to hold my album in. Nothing special, just white washed it a bit with white acrylic paint and added some ephemera, sea shells, a little bit of sprays etc. 

The album's signatures are held together with jute. Tied and braided then beads were added for interest. 

I hope you take a moment to view the video. I'm sure you will be surprised at how fun and simple many of the techniques are. Grab some paper, some stencils, paints and/or sprays and create with me. 

1 comment:

HappyScrappin said...

Interesting techniques. Had no idea you could use paint on stencils. I don't use stencils very much in my work and that's not to say I don't like to but now I may use them more. Thanks for the Video on so many ways to have fun with paint, paper and stencils. Hugs Mary Longberry

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.