BLOG BUDDIES

April 14, 2021

WOYWW #619 Working on some Pokey Tools for Happy Mail AKA Blinged Up Craft Picks

Yep Yep Yep, I've jumped on the "Pokey Tool" train. Can you all say ADDICTIVE with me !!!!   I've received several comments asking, what the heck is a pokey tool... so I came back to update my post with that information. It's just the tool that you use to remove the back of the tape, or remove your excess pieces from your die cuts etc. such as the Tonic Studio Tim Holtz Craft Pick. Or it can be used for weeding your vinyl projects from your Cricut, Siloutte etc. You know us crafters have to have everything pretty and over the top... well I do anyways. 
These are super easy and sometimes you just need to sit and do something that doesn't take alot of effort. Creating something like this really gets my creative mojo going because it helps warm up my hands and brain cells to get creative. 
There are a ton of YouTube videos on line for this project but it is basically this: I purchased these turkey skewers on Amazon HERE
Then get out your large bubblegum beads. I purchased mine at HOBBY LOBBY. They are normally $9.99 but this week they are 50% off. You really need large beads, or beads that have a large hole in them to fit the skewers. Then using E6000 glue I added a dot of this between each bead on the skewer. 
Then for added charm... (lol pun intended) I added a bit of chain from the top and attached some charms and wire wrapped beads that I created. I think these will be a nice to addition to any Happy Mail I may send out to one of my creative friends. Oh yes.... and FYI I also add a little plastic earring stopper to the ends before mailing out as to not harm the recipient. Give this a try and have a wonderful Wednesday !





11 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm late today as we've been sorting mum's second vaccination and hearing test so at least we've got that done. Gorgeous collection of beads. Have a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x17x

Helen said...

oh these are so pretty! sorry it's a late visit Helen # 2

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, that’s a trend that I’ve missed Toni, I definitely saw it here first! these look gorgeous, in fact your whole desk looks like a treasure chest!

Sarah Brennan said...

What a great looking project Toni. Such beautiful pokey tools. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Mary Anne said...

Hummm didn't know there was a"pokey tool" train so I missed it!Your samples are very pretty so I guess I'd better google it RIGHT NOW!

:)
Socially distanced knitting in the garden yesterday so TODAY is WOYWW for me!
Mary Anne (3)

Caro said...

These are beautiful! Are they simply for lovely decoration or do they have a purpose in mind? Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

Lisa-Jane said...

They look beautiful! Do they have an intended use or just as a decorative item? Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Crafting With Jack said...

Beautiful decorations . Is it just a dot of glue holding the beads on? Sounds fun to me, I will have to check my beads! Take care Angela #9

Susan Renshaw said...

These are super! May well have to make some...
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #26

My name is Cindy said...

These are cute! Looking at my wide selection of rather mundane pokey tools with a critical eye now, although I think these may be almost too fancy for me. On the other hand, I might not lose them so often!! Have a good week, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs Cindy #12

Shoshi said...

These are really pretty, Toni. I'd love to know what you are going to do with them, or are they just to hang as decorations? A pokey tool is an essential piece of kit on the desk, for all sorts of uses.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #18

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.