BLOG BUDDIES

April 27, 2021

"Be Curious" Mixed Media Layout for Reneabouquets

Hi everyone, hope you all are staying safe and healthy. Today I have for you a layout filled with mixed media layers and textures. 
I first started by adding some machine stitching around the perimeter of the layout then I wanted to add some texture to the base of the layout utilizing some textured crackle paste through different stencils. I chose the Beautiful Board pieces I wanted to use and gave them all a coat of Rock Candy Crackle Paint. 
The Beautiful Board pieces I chose were Beautiful board Large April In Paris Adornment Pattern,  Beautiful Board Deco Gears Set of 4 Laser Cut Chipboard Beautiful Board April In Paris Doily #2 Set of 3 (I used the largest doily).  I then decided to create a little book out of vintage stained papers which I took about 7 and sewed down the middle to create pages. Then ran it through a texture fade with the alphabet and distressed the pages with distress oxide ink.
For a pretty vintage feel I used Reneabouquets White Wide Floral Embroidered Lace.  The Butterfly I used on this layout is the Salted Caramel Premium Paper Glitter Glass Butterflies.   
To compliment the layout I added some sparkle utilizing Reneabouquets Gawdie Girl Diamond Chunky German Glitter Glass. I hope you enjoyed this layout and now for your pleasure I have added a video of me creating this layout below. Hope you enjoy ..... blessings. 

Entering this layout in the following inspirational challenges: 

2 comments:

Mia said...

What a fabulous layout, Toni. Stunning! Thank you so much for the great video, my friend. It is very inspiring. Kisses!

Jane Savage said...

Wow, wow, wow what an incredible project!! I am in awe!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.