BLOG BUDDIES

October 27, 2020

Mixed Media Christmas Gift Bags

 Hi everyone, it's time to get a head start on your Christmas crafts and today I have a fun idea to use for those inexpensive paper bags. Let's put your own creative spin on some of them. Let's get started. 

I purchased these bags at the Dollar Store and decided to add some artwork to the front of them. Reneabouquets store is plump full of beautiful Christmas ornate goodies to add to your projects. I started with both by adding some texture with a some stamping with embossing powder and then stenciled using texture paste. In the video below you can watch my creative process. The bag on the right I used Printed Beautiful Board Small Holly And Berry Corners With Tuck Ins and also Beautiful Words Small Merry And Bright Laser Cut Chipboard . The flowers used are listed below. 


and I also used our Beautiful Words Stackable Merry Christmas Laser Cut Chipboard  which I embossed with silver powder. Tucked underneath the large poinsettia is some White Wide Floral Embroidered Lace .
The flowers I used on this bag are the Christmas Burgundy Mulberry Poinsettias, Mini Roses and Holly Leaves Flowers and White Roses Gardenias & Leaves Mulberry Flowers . I also added some greenery and tinsel from my stash and then used the sweet Butterfly Kisses Delicate Beauty Single Side Printed Butterflies . To finish it off I splattered white ink on top to provide a frosty vision. Hope you were inspired and hope you give this a try. xoxo

Entering this project into the following challenges: 

2 comments:

Mia said...

Beautiful bags, perfect for Christmas! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Mia said...

I am really glad I found your blog, Toni. I am your new follower. Kisses from Greece, Mia

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.