BLOG BUDDIES

September 27, 2020

Steampunk 4D Purse With Rotating Gears

Hi everyone, Toni here with a new project for Reneabouquets Design Team. I'm using our fun Beautiful Board 4D Purse Do It Yourself Laser Cut Chipboard Kit This kit is so easy to create and so much fun. I'm a huge fan of steampunk and I wanted it to hold all my steampunk tags I create to put on cards. 
The gears on the front actually rotate freely for a fun effect. These gears are Beautiful Board Shooting Star Gears With Bead Holes Chipboard  and Beautiful Board Star Zazzies with Bead Holes Chipboard. I started by first staining my purse and gears with Waverly Wax "Antique". The paper collection I used is from Stamperia "Clockwork". 

I added gold flat back pearls to the pattern on the paper to give the illusion that this is quilted. What would steampunk be without charms hung from a chain. I took  Beautiful Board Shooting Star Gears With Bead Holes Chipboard, Beautiful Board Clockwork Keys Laser Cut Chipboard Key Set of 3 and Beautiful Board Love Locks & Keys Laser Cut Chipboard, then embossed with brass embossing powder. I then attached pearls, beads, brass charms from my stash. Also created a charm from one of Reneabouquets precious Mini Old Gold Mulberry Paper Roses and Leaves Set.   Tucked inside the flowers I attached some Ivory Wide Floral Embroidered Lace as well. 
To adorn the front of the purse the flowers I used are: Mini Dusty Teal Mulberry Paper Roses & Leaves SetItty Bitty Blossoms and Leaves Navy Blue Mulberry Paper FlowersNavy Blue Roses and Leaves Mulberry Paper FlowersSeafoam & White Roses and Leaves Mulberry Paper Flowers and Mini Old Gold Mulberry Paper Roses and Leaves Set.  The little brass embossed leaves you see with the flowers is part of Beautiful Board Fancy Fall Tuck Ins Set of 23 Laser Cut Chipboard
And to complete this project I had to use one of Renea's one of a kind handmade butterflies. I used Secret Garden Premium Paper Glitter Glass Butterflies. 
Here is hoping you have a spectacular day... hoping you can make time for those creative gears to get working... xoxo 
This has been entered in the following inspiring challenges: 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is absolutely amazing, Toni!! Such a beautiful creation!!!

Claudia N. said...

Love your steampunk purse! Look at all the awesome gears! Thank you for sharing this fabulous make with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia x

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.