BLOG BUDDIES

November 19, 2015

The Joy Of Christmas... for Creative Embellishments

Hi everyone...hope you've started on your holiday crafting because before you know it Christmas will be here... Today I'm sharing a 12 x 12 layout of my daughter and our two precious fur babies. This photo was taken a few years ago and it was about time I scrapbooked it. 

I started by layering my new background papers and distressing all the edges, then using my "Sweater Square" stamp by Stampendous I heat embossed it with white powder. I then backed my photo with two photo mats and distressed the edges there also. Now lets get crackin at our chippies. 
First up is the title and "Joy" and I painted this red and then gave it a thick coat of DecoArts Liquid Glass... much like Glossy Accents. The greenery around the photo is "Garland With A Bow" chippie and I added Golden Stucco Paste for texture and then painted it green and swiped over it with Walnut Stain DI for shadowing. For the berries I used my hot glue gun and made dots on my craft mat, then once dry I colored them with alcohol ink in Red Pepper. 
The Flourish Christmas Tree was painted white and then a coat of crystal Stickles was added to the top. The bulbs are different size dew drops that were colored with alcohol inks. The Ideology numbers were painted with black gesso then I used a sanding block to scrap away some of the paint. 

Last but not least... I harvested some pine cones from my yard, I broke away the scales then glued them back together to form flowers. Decorated the tops with Snowtex and sprinkled with Diamond Dust. Well there you have it... hope you enjoyed and were inspired. Be sure to drop by Creative Embellishment to check out their beautiful embellishments ! Warm Wishes for a beautiful Christmas season. xoxo Toni 



No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.