BLOG BUDDIES

November 6, 2015

Fall In Love With Art ... for Creative Embellishments

It's a new month and new inspiration from Creative Embellishments to get those artsy wheels turnin....First off... check out this great pic with all those fun fall elements and the pretty color palette. The added twist for this challenge is to incorporate a flourish in your piece.
This was my design team interpretation of the photo...
I created this canvas by first using Art Basics's Graphite Texture Paste and running it through a brick stencil. Once dry I added Inka Gold in Platinum and Gold to highlight the bricks. 
I then gathered my Creative Embellishment chippies gobbed on some beautiful mixed media products. The dragon fly flourish was painted with acrylic and then aqua stickles were added for a pretty bling. 
The Falling Leaves chippies I primed them first with white gesso and then applied assorted Lindys Stamp Gang Magical Micas  that provide such a glorious iridescent glow. On the pumpkin corners I painted them first with acrylic then coated them with DecoArts Liquid Glass (much like Glossy Accents) and while still tacky I dribbled Alcohol Ink in Ginger here and there and then sprinkled some seed beads for texture. 
The mushrooms were simply covered with Art Basics Texture Paste Sand and then once dry I added Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo. My frame was painted with black gesso and then using Inka Gold I rubbed the high areas for a gilded effect, then added my title which was printed on the printer and then sprayed with Lindys for a vintage look.  I hope you will come create with us this month and have an opportunity to win some free merchandise from Creative Embellishments. Happy Fall and have a creative week !
The following Creative Embellishment products were used:

1 comment:

Pawsitively Creative said...

This is gorgeous and so textural! Your use of the CE Chippies is stupendious! Love the dark brick background and the gold. Fantabulous design! Those dragonflies are on my wish list now! TFS! ~Niki

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.