BLOG BUDDIES

September 7, 2010

Studio L3 CCC #13 / Grungepaper

It's the 13th challenge over at Studio L3 and we are getting grundgy. Bubba really tried to stay awake for the finished project but couldn't.
Ok. so to make these flowers...... yea right... your not going to get the details to this technique from me. Nope my lips are sealed... So what are you waiting for??? Go out and get this book !!! Then you can play with the rest of us . I also threw in the "chipped enamel" technique from last week.
What I will tell you though is I used papers from Tim's "Lost and Found" collection and vintaged them up a bit with Distressed Stickles, in Concord Grape, Rock Candy, Peeled Paint, Broken China & Faded Jeans. Then I used Mr. T's flower die cut to cut some flowers from mesh metal to give a bit of texture pazazz. I made the velvet leaves using vintage flower press molds. As always, so much fun to participate in this challenge. Thank you Linda !

17 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow really love this piece its so creative just love all the elements,you have put on here hugs cheryl xx

cheryl said...

I also meant to say how super cute your wee dog is he he missed it the first time,hugs cheryl xxx

Sue West said...

Toni,I've only just found your blog, and I love your work, it's just stunning.
Sue:)

Sam Royal said...

its lovely Toni, I especially love the flowers and the ribbon and I liked the way you added the pretty little jewels

Kathy Eddy said...

I love your project! Gorgeous flowers and colors. Those leaves are yummy too.

minnie_mac said...

Stunning piece. So many interesting and beautiful elements to look at.

Marilyn

Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous flowers, I love the colours and the added stitching too. Everything combines beautifully. Have a good day, Tracy Evans x

Netty said...

oh wow how fab such brilliant flowers. x

Zoechaos said...

Pure delight and so very well made a very special treasure. Blown away, xx Zoe

The IMPs btw send purrs to your wee pup LOL

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, these flowers turned out so beautiful---love the colors.

MarleneMAZ said...

Your flowers are just fabulous!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Spectacular grunge flowers, Toni! I love the colors and the variety of pattern and textures on the individual layers. The mesh metal is just awesome, and the velvet leaves are the perfect accent!

The background card is lovely as well. I love the stitched, leather-y tag and the sweet key stamp. Really, everything about your card is wonderful!

And Bubba is ADORABLE!!!

24 crowns said...

Loved these lovely flowers the metal parts are great and the velvet leaves are so berautiful, of corse bubba takes the cake. beautiful piece. mom

SHAWN said...

This is GoRgEoUs!! I am lovin everything about it especially the colors! The music paper rocks! And my Bubba baby is the cherry on top of the cake. SQEEZE!

Terry said...

Such a beautiful display of grungeflowers and other treats! Love this!

Nan said...

Ooh...lovin those flowers! Those colors are wonderful and the crackle looks great!! :) Nan

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic, what beautiful work and also your blue piece is amazing too in the post before this one.
Hugs June xxxxx

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.