BLOG BUDDIES

September 3, 2010

Dragons Dream TIO "Oriental in 2 colors"

This week at Dragons Dream we are creating something with an Oriental theme but only using 2 colors. I got to bust out an old stamp of mine. Did some embossing on metal to add a little texture.

The entire tag is sprayed with a new product I'm really jazzed about. It's called Moon Shadow, and the color I used here is Bucket O'Blood. The company is Lindy's Stamp Gang. These have a walnut or sepia color base and then when you tilt them the hidden color shows through... Awesome product!!! They are having a Labor Day sale right now, so you might want to hop over to their website and take a look.
Took some alcohol ink to the beaded antenna's ... thank you mom for never throwing anything away. These were perfect for my butterfly, and added some embellishments to finish off my tag.
Ja mata. じゃまた。(see you later)

8 comments:

Faye said...

Toni, I'm a huge fan of Lindy's. The customer service there is wonderful and so personal. Your oriental tag is very beautiful. I love the stamp and the embossing you did on it.

24 crowns said...

Love the gold on the butterflys wings and the antenna on her. I am glad I didn't throw those away glad you could use them. mom

CuddlyBunny said...

Fantastic piece!

I'm wondering ... how'd you manage the gold-plated wing edges?

Is that a metallic, embossed paper or embossed metal?

Unknown said...

Oh My love the opera MB But I am not much of an oriental crafter Love what you have done though (buket of blood) great name for a colour lol

love Dawn xx

Diane said...

Hi Toni--thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your wonderful comment. I'm always ready to share any techniques with all of you--we're here to help each other!!
Your artwork is exceptional!!

Nan said...

Love this....a lot of great techniques you used. Thanks for your nice comment on my kitty tag. I am chuckling over the image of your cat in your Glimmer Mist spray box ! Pretty kitty! :) Nan

Nan said...

Love this....a lot of great techniques you used. Thanks for your nice comment on my kitty tag. I am chuckling over the image of your cat in your Glimmer Mist spray box ! Pretty kitty! :) Nan

Dragon said...

Oh this is lovely, Toni... been using these for a while now - you might also like to try starburst stains. They are mica with colour pigment instead of the walnut ink!! FABULOUS.
Hugs
Frankie

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.