BLOG BUDDIES

October 27, 2009

"LOST MY HEAD OVER YOU"


This was a fun project...... I puchased a paper mache body form and wanted to do something a little different with it. With Halloween right around the corner, it inspired me to do something a little "creepy"....lol...I used G45 "Fashionista paper for the main dress, and also SEI suede paper for the bodice. Added lace and Glimmer misted it with "Sandy Beach" to change up the color, also used Ranger alcohol ink in raspberry to highlight pieces of the hair.
The head was cut off a doll and grunged up a bit, because after all this lass did loose her head over someone special in her life.Added some trinkets, of angel wings, beads, ribbon, heart made from grungeboard and embossed with glitter as well as sign made from Tim Holtz fragments. But I think the most fun I had was using an old Simplicity pattern I had from years back...Made ruffles for the back of the dress as well as the collar and puffy sleeves.
A blog that I frequent had a challenge to do something with ruffles....Moxie Fab World. I would encourage you to check this blog out to see other amazing projects to inspire your creativity. It was fun doing something different and out of the box. It's always good to extend yourself, never know what your going to learn. TFL

5 comments:

Jo said...

creepy...but cool!

SHAWN said...

Hey I don't see my coment so here I go again. I love this little girl. She needs a name. What should we call her????mmmmm I have to sleep on it.

SHAWN said...

I love this little girl. Poor thing! You need to give a name.

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Saw this over @ Graphic 45's - this is really cool !

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

How fun!!! and a lot like challenge #3 for Project 52 in the paper mache/trinkets sense!!!! Cool!

xoxo,
ja

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.