BLOG BUDDIES

July 21, 2021

"Hello Sunshine" Altered Cutting Board for Reneabouquets Design Team

 Hi everyone, well summer is truly here !!!! Hope you are enjoying your time. Today I have a fun project that I have been wanting to do for quite some time. I love to change my decor out to different seasons and in June I changed my kitchen area to lemon yellow, black and white. I love the contrast. Well what would go perfect on some decor but Reneabouquets NEW Lemon Blossom Collection. 

I had purchased this cute little cutting board from the Dollar Tree months ago and knew that it would be involved in project eventually. I began by decoupaging a buffalo check black and white napkin to the front of the board. I then gave it a light dry brushing of white gesso. Once dry I gave it a layer of Rock Candy Crackle Paint for a pretty shine. I then assembled the Large Rectangular Shaker Box DIY Kit (also new to the store). I filled it with some pretty shaker items, No Hole Pearl Glass MicrobeadsNo Hole Lime Green Glass MicrobeadsGawdie Girl Diamond Chunky German Glitter GlassPrinted Beautiful Board Large Tuck It In Lemon Blossoms Chipboard, and also from my stash assorted sequins in coordinating colors. 

The gorgeous bee used here is Lemon Blossom Bees Premium Paper Body with Double Wing Layers .The NEW Printed Beautiful Board Large Lemon Blossom Corners were used at the bottom and I added Hand Tinted Buttercream Gawdie Girl Chunky Glitter Glass to the lemons. 

The top of the cutting board was decorated with a messy bow, some jute and  Honey Roses And Leaves Mulberry Paper Flowers. I then took the Printed Beautiful Board Large Lemon Blossom Branches and once again added more of the Hand Tinted Buttercream Gawdie Girl Chunky Glitter Glass to the lemons. Below is a video tutorial for your pleasure.

I hope you enjoyed this project, I can't wait to display this in my hutch. Until next time.... blessings. 

I am entering this project in the following wonderful challenges: 

TFJB Challenge/add buttons, lace, flowers or anything 

MIUCB/Anything Goes Twist Aperature

Love To Craft Challenge/Anything Goes 

2 comments:

Laura Gilhuly said...

Stunning! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

Tera Callihan said...

Beautiful work!!!! Thanks for joining TFJB challenge

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.