BLOG BUDDIES

June 22, 2021

"Me & My Big Brother" Mixed Media Layout

 Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying your summertime... a big difference from last year. I'm in California and we are already experiencing triple digits !! Today I have for you a fun beach layout with lots of textures and mixed media applications. 

I added craft sand with clear crackle texture paste for some fun texture and dimension. The beautiful board pieces I used Beautiful Board Chunky Chain Link Frame Set of 2 Laser Cut Chipboard Frames which I added crackle medium and then stained with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain. 
One of our newest pieces to the store is this delightful Beautiful Word Large Me & My Big Brother Laser Cut Chipboard which I also used crackle medium on and sprayed it with Lindys Afternoon Delight Denim and DI Frayed Burlap. The Beautiful Board Starfish With Accents goes perfect with this layout as the Beautiful Board Large Nautical Anchor. Both were treated with the same crackle medium and sprayed and inked like the pieces above. 
The sweet  Beautiful Board Beautiful Bits-Seashells Laser Cut Chipboard are perfect for tucking in and around your photos. The florals I used are Navy Blue Roses and Leaves MulberryMini Dusty Blue Mulberry.  To finish off the layout I also topped off some of my fussy cutting pieces with the gorgeous Gawdie Girl Diamond Fine German Glitter Glass . Below is a video tutorial for your pleasure. 

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.