BLOG BUDDIES

April 15, 2019

Mixed Media Vintage Frame for Art Anthology

Hi everyone, I'm up on the blog today with a design team project for Art Anthology. Recently purchased a frame at the dollar store and it was screaming to be altered. 
Lots of layers, lots of texture and a color scheme that is not usual for me. But it definitely has that grunge appeal that I so adore. 
I love taking a simple item and making it into an unexpected piece. I started off by adding lace to the foundation to provide interesting textures, then layered several different shades of inks and sprays. 
Utilized some of my metal pieces, chipboard and ideaology stash. I so enjoyed making this messy project. I hope you were inspired. And for your enjoyment I have included a process video below. I appreciate your stopping by. Wishing you a month filled with creative wonder !

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.