BLOG BUDDIES

October 31, 2018

Enjoy The Ride Journal Page


Happy Halloween all, today I have a journal page for Art Anthology and it's inspired by this month's moodboard. 

 Mixed media can sometimes be intimidating to some and I hope this post encourages you "Don't be afraid of mixed media ... Enjoy the Ride".
I find my art journal is a perfect place to play and experiment with new techniques. Allows me to make notes on my page of what works and what I'm not too fond of. 
This page I wanted to try Seth Aptners Baked Enamel on wet texture paste and I really like the results. 
I also wanted to see if Art Anthology's Sorbet-Glass paint could possibly be used as an adhesive for foiling and gilding flakes and it also worked nicely. Left my chipboard and nice high gloss with randomly areas of foil... Very organic.... Get yourself an art journal... or just gather some mixed media paper, watercolor paper or even cardstock and start playing..... but most of all "Enjoy that Ride" !



No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.