BLOG BUDDIES

August 27, 2018

Steampunk Wooden Case To Hold Embellishments

I love having fun containers to house my art goodies and I really needed a new case for my steampunk trinkets. I found this box on clearance for $5.00 and thought it would be perfect for all my goodies. 
The top is glass so on the underside I added alcohol inks and then random steampunk stamps were applied. The "Mister" image is actually underneath the glass, so I used alcohol blending solution to move the inks around so the image would show through. 
The inside I left completely alone and filled with wonderfulness for my next projects !
The Steampunk title was burnt into the wood using Walnut Hollow wood burning kit. 

Frame was painted black and then enhance with Art Alchemy Waxes.  I have a video for your viewing pleasure. Hope you take a moment to view. I am new with YOUTUBE so would love for you to subscribe to my channel if you have enjoyed this video. Thank you for stopping by. 

This project to be entered in the following challenges:
AInkyMess#23-Anything Goes Mixed Media
 Mixed Media Art-Inspired by the colors and the old used brushes. 
Rhedds Creative Spirit - Alter Something 
Love to Create #11 - Mixed Media 
Creative Artiste #41Mixed Media 
SanDee & Amelies Steampunk - Summer Special 2018

10 comments:

Scrappin Sue said...

Awesome great colours
Thank you for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

Maura said...

Toni, wow! I love your idea of creating really cool containers for your stuff, and this one certainly is! Awesome bright colors, which is fun, then layering them with dark and grungy images. Cool! Thanks for sharing this with us at Sandee and amelie's Steampunk Challenges! hugs, Maura

Sandra Wright. said...

Your box is awesome Toni..love the colours and embellishing..great theme too.
Thank you so much for joining us for our August challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

Anonymous said...

Hello! I could have sworn I've visited this web
site before but after browsing through a few of the posts I
realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm certainly happy I discovered it and I'll be book-marking it and
checking back frequently!

Claudia N. said...

This is awesome! Love the vibrant colours you've used for this beautiful steampunk creation! Thanks for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia x

Magdalena’s Attic said...

This box is super cool and truly creative Toni! Love the grungy textures and vibrant colours! Thank you for joining us at MMA blog. Hugs x

Светлана Липницкая said...


Gorgeous! I love all the subtle textures and colours! Thank you for playing with us at MM&A blog.

Светлана Липницкая said...


Gorgeous! I love all the subtle textures and colours! Thank you for playing with us at MM&A blog.

Julia Kissel said...

Amazing bright and beautiful project! Thanks a lot for playing with us MM&A

Paper Attic said...

What a cool project, the colors are amazing! Thanks for joining us at MM&A!

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.