BLOG BUDDIES

July 9, 2018

Mixed Media Tag with Toni

Hi everyone, hope your week is starting off fabulous !  Art Anthology has a beautiful moodboard to inspire you to get messy with your paints. My design team project is a fun tag. Le'ts get started !

I decided to create some prints from my gelli plate. Using Art Anthology Shine paint in Canary, Ruby and Kelly I applied with brayer roller. 
 Once dry I cut out a dragonfly 3 times using Sizzix layered Dragonfly with Texture Fade. I wanted dimension and multiple wings for my dragonfly. 
The foundation of the card I stamped using T!m's new stamps Entomology with black archival ink. I also added an Ideology Philosophy Tag. 
Dry brush a bit of white gesso over the images to soften and blend into the background. 
Then applied my dragonfly and attached a metal key to the body. 

Using white gesso I painted over the top of the T!m's Ideology Quote Band and attached to tag using twine. 
Hope you enjoyed and were inspired. I always appreciate your comments and wishing you a creative month of July ! xoxo Toni

This tag will be entered in the following inspiring challenges: 
Mixed Media World - Summer Vibes
Creative Artiste-Anything Goes Mixed Media 
TIO-Things With Wings
Love 2 Create#10-Anything Goes Mixed Media 
A Inky Mess #22 - Just For Fun
Simon Says Monday Challenge-Summer Fun(I love to spend time in my garden)
Crop Stop #41-Anything Goes

11 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Your tag is simply a WOWSER! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

It id a stunning tag, thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

pearshapedcrafting said...

Susi beat me to it as 'WOWSER' was exactly what came to my mind too! I absolutely adore this and I am so pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

inkybliss creations said...

Awesome!
Lisa x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning tag! I love how you created your colourful dragonfly with the paint and brayer and the multiple wings look amazing ๐Ÿ˜. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow! This is one amazing tag! I love all the mixed media elements you included! Fabulous work!
I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where it's always "Anything Goes" as long as you use a product or two from one of the companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
Current link party: https://cropstop.blogspot.com/2018/07/july-link-party-41.html

Esther Asbury said...

Thanks for linking up!

Andree said...

A gorgeous tag. Fabulous detailed background and a stunning dragonfly.
Thank you for joining in with our July challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Bem-Me-Quer Colorido said...

OMG... Awesome tag! XX

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful tag and that dragonfly is stunning, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

froebelsternchen said...


Congrats on being a TOP 5 for the last challenge at Try Ot On Tuesday!
Hugs Susi

art (รคrt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.