BLOG BUDDIES

July 7, 2018

All We Need Is Love Journal Page

Hi everyone, Toni here with a new journal page for Art Anthology. Art journaling can be very liberating. It provides an outlet to try out new techniques, some quick creating if need be, a place to jot down your thoughts etc. You can make your own art journal book if you don't happen to have one, by using an old book, gluing pages together to create a strong substrate. There are many YOUTUBE tutorials for your viewing. 
I began my background with texture provided by T!m's 3D Texture Fades Cogs and Gears and I ripped the papers and applied them randomly to the background. I also then applied dry wall tape in pieces to the background and then prepped it with white gesso. 
Paints that I used are from Art Anthology's Velvet line and also their Patina and Rust Texture Paste Sets. You can purchase these HERE. 
Cogs and gears were diecut from chipboard and rusted to the background. 
T!'m's Ideology Paper Dolls were added to the page and shadowed with charcoal pencil. 
Washi Tape and random ephemera were also added as a backdrop under my paper dolls as well as torn muslin that was stamped with a script stamp and black archival ink. 

Hoping you enjoyed this post and would love to hear your comments. For your pleasure I have included a step x step tutorial below. Happy creating xoxo Toni 

This journal spread is being entered into the following wonderful creative challenges: 
Creative Artiste  #40 - Anything Goes Mixed Media
We Love To Create #10 - Anything Goes Mixed Media 
SanDee & Amelia-Anything Goes Industrial Summer Special 2018
Art Journal Journey- Art For Art's Sake
A Inky Mess - Just For Fun
Crop Stop #41 - Anything Goes 

11 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

I am totally in love with this spread! I love all about it and I am thrilled about the masterful use of the TH found relatives. They fit brilliantly and all the textures and the choice of colours and media is a tour de force! And the Snap guide tutorial in additon is just superb!So happy you linked this beauty to Art Journal Journey - Art for art`s sake! This is much appreciated ! Thank you , I really hope to see you more often in the future with your wonderful art!
Happy Sunday!
Hugs, Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You had me at rust! I love the patina you achieved with the paints. It's been a LONG time since I've used drywall tape. I love how you incorporated it in your background. Those TH paper dolls were the icing on the cake. The fit so well with the gears and cogs. Thank you beyond belief for sharing this rusty beauty with us at Art Journal Journey.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a wonderful page! I love the Paper dolls and especially the way you have created this fabulous textured page for them.
The tutorial was brilliant(and gave me a few ideas!) Thank you so much for sharing this at Art Journal Journey! Chrisx

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Wow! What an amazing page layout! I love all the mixed media elements you included - what a fabulous job! Thanks so much for linking up to Cropstop - I hope you'll brighten the gallery with even more of your lovely work!

klistersøster said...

Great journal page and it shows lots of love!!!. Lots of texture and rust on your background, thanks for showing it on SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges. Hugs, Susan

Barbetka said...

Beautiful journal page - this texture and rust delight.

Scrappin Sue said...

WOW this is fantastic I love all the textures and I love anything rusty so awesome job
Thank you for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

Lyndas Crafty Hall said...

Fabulous page. So much to look at! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog for our Anything Goes challenge. Good luck
Lynda x

Gemma Hynes said...

Beautiful journal, I love all the texture. Thank you for joining the challenge on the We Love to Create blog.

Anonymous said...

this is a great journal page. love all the details and colors.
thanks for showing us on SASPC.
Greets
Alexa DT

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

Stunning textures and beautiful vintage pictures! I love this page!

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.