BLOG BUDDIES

March 25, 2021

"Bloom Where You Are Planted" for Reneabouquets

Hi everyone, today I have a new layout to share with you for Reneabouquets Design Team. Filled with some pretty springtime goodies from Reneabouquets store. Let's get started. I first stitched around the perimeter of my background paper for interest then I wanted to highlight the pathway in the photograph therefore I tore the paper and used chocolate corrugated cardboard for the mat to bring your eye forward in the layout.  I then used Beautiful Board Grid Elements Laser Cut Chipboard on the sides of the photo to provide a garden trellis effect. It also adds some nice texture to your photo surrounding. Then I tucked the Beautiful Board Wild Flower Gears around the sides of the photo. Playing off the slight shade of peach in the photo I decided to use Soft Peach Roses and also one of my very favorite colors Antique Linen Roses. The Antique Linen is such a versatile color and goes with everything. The flowers come with some extra pretty mulberry leaves to use so I layered them with the Beautiful Board Beautiful Bits-Skeleton Leaf ChipboardI then decided, what would a gardening layout be without the pretty Printed Beautiful Board Small Tuck It In Sweet Daisy Chipboard. I then added the Beautiful Board Small Feathers Set of 3 around the layout. To finish off the layout I added Queen Bee Clock Charm from the trinkets in the store and the gorgeous Secret Garden Premium Paper Glitter Glass Butterflies. Of course I had to add a bit of bling to the layout so I went around the perimeter of the layout and sprinkled Gawdie Girl Diamond Chunky German Glitter Glass. This was a fun layout to create, fun colors to play with and I hope you enjoyed this. For your pleasure I do have a video tutorial below for your viewing. Wishing you a day filled with peace.

I have entered this piece in the following wonderful challenges: 
Mixed Media Place 

Creative Artiste #69 Anything Goes 
We Love 2 Create - Anything Goes #3 

Below I also have a video of my creative process for your viewing... Hope you enjoy 

8 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your layout is absolutely beautiful, Toni! And I love how you added markmaking to your layout using distress inks to make shadows. So creative!! Thank you very much for joining us at More Than Words this month.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Toni there is so much to love about this layout, beautifully thought out, what an eye for detail you have. How I wish I could hold this in my hands to examine it up close. Amazing piece of mixed media, full of the love of Spring. Thank you so much for sharing this incredible layout with us @ Creative Artiste, I adore it.
Creative wishes & good Luck Tracey (DT)

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

What a BEAUTY!! all the lovely details and texture matches perfectly together with your photo. This is a fantastic entry for our MTW challenge my dear. Thank you so much for joining us at MTW

Dana Tatar said...

Wow! Stunning layout! I love the way you framed the photo and all the flowers are so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

Emzascrapper said...

Beautiful. Lovely details. Thanks for joining us at MTW challenges.

Heather McMahon said...

Wow! This is sensational! What fabulous layering. Thanks for joining in the fun at More Than Words :)

Lanette said...

Such a beautiful layout your layers are amazing ๐Ÿ’š Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at the Mixed Media Place ๐Ÿ’š

Ragozina Olga said...

Stunning work!!!
Thanks for joining us at
More Than Words Challenges!
Olya Ragozina***

art (รคrt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.