BLOG BUDDIES

May 31, 2015

May's "5" Challenge

Can you believe it... May is gone that means almost half the year has flown by. This month there happens to be "FIVE" Sundays so for this weeks inspiration and challenge at Anything But A Card, think of 5... 5 techniques, 5 shapes, 5 colors, etc... you got the idea. I decided to bust out my adorable little twinchies. My little canvases measuring 2" x 2". These are so much fun and you can really create alot on this surface.
My piece has "5" butterflys... I started by prepping the surface and then stamping my image on the canvas. Then I cut out butterflys from vellum paper, added some stickles to the wings and attached them to coiled wire. I then created a charm to hang from the canvas which I glitter embossed the metal butterfly and added a bauble. 

Here are a few more twinchies I have made in the past. First up... "Tea Time" 
Then next is "Skools Out"... using wool fibers for the water: 

And lastely was a "INCHIE" ! 1" x 1" dedicated to springtime: 
Can you see how much creativity can go on such a small area. I created the background with birdbath, added garden sign as well as picket fence and using "Flower Soft" I created the garden flowers. I hope you try out this little canvases... They are so much fun and be sure to check out Anything But A Card for some wonderful inspiration. xoxo Toni

1 comment:

Mrs Beez said...

These are totally adorable Toni.

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.