BLOG BUDDIES

March 8, 2015

Water & It Will Grow

Hi creatives.... can't believe it's already March. This month at ABAC (Anything But A Card) we are celebrating "Green With Envy"... Now this one was difficult for me because envy really isn't in my vocabulary. I've always tried to focus on gratitude and thankfulness. But when I came upon this sentiment I thought it would work perfectly for this challenge.

It's really easy to want what you don't have, "trying to keep up with the Jones's" and having the attitude that "The grass is greener on the other side". The website that I saw this sentiment says it perfectly..." If you want greener grass than you need to take care of your lawn. Water it, Fertilize it. Instead of looking what other people have, take care of what you have, and watch it flourish."
For this mini shadowbox I used a broken picture frame, repainted and texture was added to it. The grass was created from hot glue and the background was created using sprigs from my pine tree dipped in paint for an organic feel.  Hope you are up for our "Green With Envy" challenge at ABAC. Be sure to drop over to the blog HERE for beautiful inspiration. Just remember your creation can be Anything But A Card. Happy Crafting xoxo
For a step by step tutorial check out my SNAPGUIDE below. 

I am entering this in the following challenges. 
Artistic Inspriations - Anything Goes With A Twist of Green
Simply Create Too - St Patrick's Day or use mostly Green
Allsorts Challenge - Spring Is In The Air


Check out How to Use Unconventional Items for Creating by Toni Burks-Grijalva on Snapguide.

5 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

Absolutely love your shadow box Toni. Beautiful colours and the watering can and rake are sooo cute. You rocked this challenge.

craftysahmiam said...

Interesting use of hot glue on your springy, green project !

Rupa Swaminathan said...

This is a stunner Toni...I have to comment wherever I see it! Hugs.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous springtime shadowbox.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Rita Marie said...

Hi Toni! I love this and I thought I posted a comment before on this project but I see it's not there. Well, I love all your creations and this is beautiful! xo

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.