BLOG BUDDIES

January 6, 2015

Bags Are Packed And Ready To Go

Hi everyone... it's been really busy around my house as I am preparing for a trip to New York to visit my daughter. Lots of planning and packing and I can't wait to see her. I wanted something to keep my tickets, receipts, napkins, you know fun stuff from my visit as well as all the pictures that will be taken on my visit.


I decided T!m Holtz's Collection Folio was the perfect option.  It allows you to add so many different options for storing your keepsakes. Once I got started it was hard to put down. I posted a picture a few days ago of the outside because I was still in the process of adding more tags, inserts etc to the inside of the folio.


There is a tab insert that you glue to the inside of the folio and then you just add all your tags, or pages for your pictures and memorabilia. 

 T!m's Ideology is perfect for this project because it gives that old vintage appeal that I really was going for. I tried to keep from using alot of bulky embellishments because I knew I would be adding a lot of mats and tags for pictures etc. Lots of distressing and inking. Pan Pastels were used for coloring many of my pages.

I can't wait to take this with me. I love how the closure holds everything nicely and compact. 

Get your hands on one of these collection folios and see what kind of magic you can create with it. 

And speaking of creating, don't forget to play along with us at Unruly PaperArts this month's RAQ (Readers Art Quest) is "Global Traveler". You can use the picture as well as the colors for inspiration for your project.

I will also be entering this project in the following challenges: 

1 comment:

Deb said...

What a gorgeous folio, your colours and embellishments are so lovely! Hope you had a wonderful visit with your daughter and that your folio is now filled with lots of lovely memories.

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.