BLOG BUDDIES

March 26, 2011

It's All About Him


Happy 3rd Birthday Gingersnap Creations, and for their birthday theme it's "Copper, Ginger or Rust". I'm also entering this for Drunken Stampers challenge which is "All About Him". I used several products that I would like to give a shout out to. First, the background was created by smudging Black Soot DI all over it and then applying PK Glitz embossing powders in New England Autumn and Bronze Patina (PK's products are my very favorite glitters and embossing powders). Then just here and there I added UTEE in Copper. Used an old script stamp (can't remember where I got it). For the background colors of the picture I used Lindy's Stamp Gang MoonShadow in Crow's Nest Copper. The picture is a stamp from Oxford Impressions "The Family Man" collection. Added some jute that I tattered and inked up with Black Soot and some old copper embellies from my treasure chest. Hope you enjoy.
xoxo Toni

9 comments:

Netty said...

This is such a beautiful piece of crafting Toni. Thank you for joining in the celebrations at Gingersnaps. Annette x

Anonymous said...

Awesome piece! Love your fab design! Thanks for playing the Copper, Ginger or Rust Challenge at Gingersnap Creations!

Jen said...

Beautiful card!! Like all the embossing you did!!

Marina NOSTROMO said...

Very interesting idea! I love it!
You have a very interesting blog! Very beautiful, original, amazing work! You are very talented! Get your follower and welcome to my blog: http://fullmoontheedgeofthesoul.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

Stunning. I adore embossing powder. And I also adore the sparkles when you drag the cursor around on your page... I think I played with it for about five minutes...

CuddlyBunny said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love the warmth and texture here!

Thanks for the directive to PK Glitz ... a girl can never have enough outlets for embossing "stuff."

Which, actually, relates to a question: How ever do you get the UTEE to stick/emboss on paper? When I've tried it just blows off onto the floor. :(

Thanks for joining us at the Drunken Stampers Craft Pub!

mapowska said...

I love this card! It is beautiful!

AJ said...

WOW, i love your creation!!

trisha too said...

Toni, this is such a great coppery piece--congratulations on being chosen a Ginger Gem at Gingersnap Creations!!

:)

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.