BLOG BUDDIES

March 28, 2018

Altered Box for Essential Oils by Toni

Hi everyone, today I have an altered project I created to hold my essential oils. I love my diffuser and my assortment of oils is growing, so I needed a place to hold them.  
Purchased this paper mache box awhile back at Michaels and it was the perfect size for my bottles. 
To first alter it I added pretty texture with Mud Texture paste ran though a couple stencils and then a coat of gesso to prime the surface. 
The inside I kept very simple and just lined it with scrapbook paper. 
Title was from T!m Holtz quote chips and distressed with Metal Effect Gold paint from Art Anthology.   
Flowers were first painted different colors and then dipped in melted UTEE to provide a pretty glass look.  Such a fun project to make, hope you were inspired to create something with your personal touch. Enjoy your day ! xoxo Toni 

Below is a snapguide tutorial for your pleasure on my step x step process. 

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.