BLOG BUDDIES

December 23, 2017

"Always Believe"

 

What a magical time of year Christmas is. It can be filled with joy, hope, love and for some it is a very difficult time due to life happenings, loss of a loved one, health, job etc. My prayer is that my project today will bring you encouragement to "Always Believe". 




















Inspired by this months mood board from Art Anthology, I utilized the colors to their fullest. I love this color palette, pretty light blues with a cranberry red color ....yummmmm

I started with an 8x10 canvas which I adhered different laces for texture. Then decorated my little 2x2 canvases that create the Christmas tree. I stenciled stars to the tops of the canvases for more texture. 
 Greenery was added to the canvas and then dry brushed with white gesso to prep for my spray colors of blues.
Homemade snow was made by equal parts of baking soda, white acrylic paint and school glue. 
An Ideaology Quote Chip was used for my title, and pretty red berries were added as well as a red bow to the top of the tree to complete the project. 

Sending you wishes of comfort and joy and they blessed season. xoxo Toni

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.