BLOG BUDDIES

August 12, 2017

Be Authentic

Happy Saturday everyone, I'm up on the blog today with an Art Anthology Design Team post with a cracking technique that I use often..... very fun and very easy. 

I used an old piece of packaging for my tag foundation and applied kraft glassine paper all wrinkled up and adhered down, Then the addition of some pretty Art Anthology Sorbet in Chocolate, ran it across the high points to give it a leather appeal. 
Using my stencil and texture paste provided more texture to the backdrop. The photo was embossed 3 times with UTEE clear and then put in the freezer for a bit and then removed and bent back and forth to provide the wonderful cracks you see above.  

Hot glue was applied around the tag in dots and then painted with my homemade rusting mixture to give the appearance of rivets. Assorted chipboard and wood pieces were then added.
Some addition of feathers and ephemera formed my mat for the photo, and the key was textured also using my rusting mixture. 
It all came together quite nicely and I love the old antique look the cracks provided for my photo. Hope this has inspired you with another technique to use on your project. 
For a step x step process check out my Snapguide tutorial below.... Happy creating !

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.