BLOG BUDDIES

July 23, 2017

Color My World

Good morning everyone...It's my turn up on Art Anthology's blog today and I'm here to inspire you with a project using some old items laying around my craftroom that were ready for the trash but new creative life was given to them.  I had this paint palette that was ready to be discarded but I just couldn't seem to throw it away...lol I'm sure as crafters you know what I mean.
I used this to rust embellishments and items for my projects, it really wasn't useable for paints at this point, but never was able to let loose of it... lol So I decided to give it new life and a new home as a decorative piece to my craft room. 
The foundation was an old canvas that I had started a project and wasn't happy with it, so there the canvas sat for the last couple years. A few coats of black gesso and splatters of lucious vibrant colors fixed that. The paint palette was also covered with black gesso and then pretty paints were filled in the pots topped with Stickles for glimmer. 

To the frame I adhered packaging materials to provide a shaker box for my title and crayolas from the dollar store and and old paint brush that had seen better days finished off the project. 
And now I have a fun piece to display in my studio to inspire me while creating. Hope you enjoyed this and take a moment to enjoy my Snapguide tutorial below for the step x step process. xoxo Creatively yours Toni

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.