BLOG BUDDIES

February 18, 2017

XOXO from Toni

Happy love month... it's February and everywhere hearts and flowers are popping out. I'm up on Art Anthology's Design Team today and decided to devote my creation to my love of steampunk.

Using a couple of clearanced wooden letters from my local craft store allowed me to go crazy with all my products from Art Anthology. 
Loaded with wonderful unexpected objects and textures provided my imagination to be unleashed. 
Many of the embellies were handmade from paper clay, such as heart, wings, knobs and clock. The textures were achieved using my glue gun, seed beads, floral rocks, cheese cloth and crafting sand. 

Gears were diecut from grungeboard and then loaded down with sand, paint, and inks. The rivets were created using my glue gun and then topped with beautiful metal effects silver paint by Art Anthology. 
Stenciled textured paste, seed beads and more hot glue art provided more interest and texture to my piece. 
And well, the aged patina'd effect that I was able to achieve with the use of Art Anthology's Dimensional paints was wonderful. I hope you have been inspired to use the abnormal, unusual to provide a bit more interest to your projects. Wishing you hearts and flowers this month of love. xoxo Toni
I am entering this piece in the following wonderful challenges: 
SanDee & Amelies Steampunk Challenge - New Stash Forgotten Stash 
Mixed Media World -Anything Mixed Media Goes 
We Love To Create - Antything Mixed Media Goes 
Rhedds Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes 
SanDee & Amelie Steampunk - New Stash/Forgotten Stash (Letters are new, metal embellies, clay embellies forgotten stash 
For your pleasure I have created a Snapguide tutorial below for you to follow along on my journey with this project. 


15 comments:

CraftyHope said...

LOVE all the bit you included in this. Even more, I love that many of them were handmade or created with items that would be found in any crafter's stash. Fabulously done!!

Claire said...

Fabulous project! Thanks so much for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this month
Claire xx

Susan Hogan said...

Drool.......so much gorgeousness in one place. You are an obvious artist - so thanks for entering this with us at Eclectic Ellapu.

AlexaCzar said...

your work is just amazing. i really love your letters.
Thanks for playing with us on SASPC.
Greets
Alexa DT

Joyce Ann said...

This absolutely ROCKS!!! I love, love, love it!!! Thank you for sharing your project with us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck in the challenge.

Claudia N. said...

OMG! This is freakin' fantastic! LOVE every tiny detail and the whole thing to bits!
Thank you for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Brigitte said...

Amazing !!! I love texture and colors. It's a perfect project. Thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges.

Maura said...

Freakin awesome! I am in awe, this is so cool! Great industrial feel with the rusty letters, and then so many wonderful elements you have added to them. Wonderful steampunk pieces! Thanks for sharing it with us at SASPC! hugs, Maura

Whimsytouches said...

Really creative and unique, really like this piece.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Great combination of shapes and colours Toni.Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

Beautiful colours, fabulous embellishments and stunning textures! Mesmerizing, I must watch, I can't stop! Fantastic work!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenge!

Sammy said...

I LOVE this! Absolutely fabulous work. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Sandra Wright. said...

Hi Toni..how lovely to see you enter this months challenge..your project is just awesome..I love everything about it.
Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..hope to see you again soon...x

sarascloset said...

Very cool project!

Anonymous said...

woha fabuleux j'aime tout sur ce projet bravo à bientot Nate

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.