BLOG BUDDIES

April 2, 2015

Sweet Dreams

Wew !!! It's April already, how the time does go so fast. This month at Unruly PaperArts our RAQ (Readers Art Quest) is focusing on "Animal Instincts" with a gorgeous palette for your inspiration.
Immediately I knew which pictures I wanted to create a layout from. My baby dog "Bubba" INSTINCTIVELY loves to sleep.... 
Applying many basic scrapbooking techniques, distressing, layering, spraying etc I achieved this layout for my photos. I used the Tattered Florals die for my flowers, and the tiny dew drops were alcohol inked with egg plant and ginger. Very easy and quick but I think the color palette gave it that punch. 

For some added texture I used Finnebairs's Art Basic Texture Paste White Crackle and used Prima's Bubble stencil. The chipboard pieces were also painted with the texture paste. 

I hope you decide to create with us and be sure to jump over to Unruly's blog for some wonderful inspiration. Link up your creation to also get a chance at winning this months prize ... a Gelli plate. 

Gelli plates are so much fun to use creating your own backgrounds for cards, layouts, tags. If you aren't familiar with this product check out their website for some cool info 
@ http://www.gelliarts.com/   

This project is entered into the following challenges: 
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Feature A Creature 
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes With A Twist of Flowers 
Thanks for stopping by... happy crafting xoxo Toni

3 comments:

Deb said...

What a sweet pup, great layout Toni!

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh, Bubba is a total sweetheart! What a wonderful layout to showcase your beautiful doggie! hugs :)

Diane said...

Very cute layout,fun trim and picture.

Hugs Diane

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.