BLOG BUDDIES

September 16, 2014

Back To School


Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge theme is "Who Loves School and Office Supplies" and who doesn't. My daughter always said that was her favorite part of starting school is to go get all her new paper, pencils, pens, etc.
My project was made for my daughters BFF. She just received her teaching credentials and has her first class of 4th graders this month.
I got this inspiration from Tara Orr's blog (an amazing G45 designer) and immediately knew it would be perfect for Amanda's desk.
Purchased this tin and pencils at the Dollar Store and painted the tin black.
Used the G45 paper line "ABC Primer" and covered each pencil. The pencils were then glued to the outside of the bucket. Ribbon was tied around the pencils and a tag was made. Distressed the edges and embellished it with brads.
 
A coat of Rock Candy crackle paint was applied for texture and to finish it off I added a Muse Token from Ideaology.
Congratulations Miss Amanda, we know you are going to be a wonderful teacher !

14 comments:

Unknown said...

How creative! I can see this sitting on a teacher's desk somewhere. Lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

2amscrapper said...

This is soooo cleverl!

creative lady said...

Oh my, aren't you clever! I love your covered pencils you wrapped around the can. And that tag is just perfect. A teacher would love to have this. Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge.

Glenda said...

This is just a very clever project! I love the way you think. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

sarascloset said...

This is just so cute! You are so creative!

Saba Musharrif said...

Such an amazingly practical project; I am in awe of the tag though, kept staring at it for 2 minutes hehe. Love your project <3

lost coast scrapper said...

This is so pretty and creative..perfect using the G45! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

lost coast scrapper said...

I love this, so clever and perfect using the G45 for this project! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Jan Marie said...

What a clever and beautiful project!! Love the idea and the execution! What a great gift. . thanks for sharing your talent with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing!!!!
Well done
Leanne

Michele said...

I love it! so creative! xo

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

You used some of my favorite papers, and I do so love a nice sharp pencil! I want this to be sitting on my desk! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Pammejo said...

Fabulous use of school supplies and I love Graphic 45...so it is a love for me!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Gloria Stengel said...

So cute. I remember Tara's project from when we were on G45 together! This turned out awesome! What a fun gift for a teacher! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.