BLOG BUDDIES

June 29, 2014

Happy Birthday America !

It's summertime... swimming, bar-b-ques, watermelon, sunscreen & 4th of July. I have to admit... this one was so much fun, I probably could have kept going and going but I finally had to say "ENOUGH". That's what I love about mixed media... It's an evolving project. I start with one idea and then something takes over, and then I change my mind again and again... I love it... freedom in
art... hey no pun intended to my piece here... lol

City Crafter challenge is Red White and Blue this week. Art Journal Journey challenge is "Houses", and Anything But A Card challenge is "Use 5" ...I used 5 different art techniques, Embossing, 3d embellishing, stamping, glue gun technique & Dylusion sprays. Shopping Our Stash is also "Red White & Blue".
, 3d
The stamps I used for my houses are from the wonderfully creative Teesha Moore.Everyone have a safe and beautiful 4TH OF JULY... Special thank you and God bless to all who have and are serving our country. We salute you ! xoxo Toni
 
 For a step by step tutorial of my process you can check out my SNAPGUIDE tutorial here or for more tutorials and creative inspiration, visit my SNAPGUIDE page here.http://snapguide.com/toni-burks-grijalva/guides/ 

Check out How to Create Mixed Media Journal Page by Toni Burks-Grijalva on Snapguide.

6 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

just wonderful!
Thank you for sharing at
Art Journal Journey and welcome to the party there!

xxx
Susi

Ros Crawford said...

That's one fantastic journal page!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Good morning!I'm freezing my fingers off just typing this morning. But I'm glad there is Summer where you are. Love your jounal page and enjoy your 4th July celebrations. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card this challenge.

Mrs Beez said...

Fabulous page and a brilliant showcase for all those amazing techniques. I adore those houses and now need them desperately! Thanks for joining in at Anything But A Card this time.

Unknown said...

So gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Donna said...

Fabulous mixed media project Toni!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Colour My World" challenge!

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.