BLOG BUDDIES

February 24, 2011

What Becomes of a Broken Heart ?

This week's theme at Art On The Darkside challenge blog is "Broken Hearts".
I used several mixed media's here. The frame was purchased at Michaels for $1 and I painted it black, then dry brushed it with white gesso. To make my broken heart, I shattered sea shells and colored them with Red Pepper Alcohol Ink and used Gel Medium to apply it to my frame. Used Tim Holtz fragments to make my "fragile" letters and added charms for interest.
The right hand corner is Claudine Helmuth's Sticky Back Canvas (can be purchased at Studio Garage Band store) and I used the transfer technique which is so much fun. I found it here on YOUTUBE. I then finished off with some beeswax just for a added bit of texture .
How do I believe you mend a broken heart... put yourself out there to love again. Hope you enjoyed :) xoxo

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely piece. I love the broken shell idea and the way you have used your fragments. Thank you for leaving a comment it's allowed me to share your lovely work to

Love Dawn xx

SHAWN said...

Wonderful work, sis! It is great to see you gettin your art on again. Love the G45 bucket too! Fantastic!

abby j said...

Great art, Toni...love the feel of it...lush texture!!

Martina said...

Your work is oustanding!!! What a unique style you have.I love it!!!!

Rosemary said...

I really think this is a wonderful project piece - I think the heart comprised of pieces (i.e., put back together) and the other elements are really very profound. I also heartily agree with the idea that you put yourself out "there" to love again. Wonderful!

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.