BLOG BUDDIES

July 21, 2010

Theme Thursday, Dragons Dream TIO, & Mixed Media Monday

Well this one piece covered 3 different challenges that I love to participate in. Theme Thursday is "Vintage Tag"; Dragons Dream TIO is "Say it with Numbers" & Mixed Media Monday is "Play Things". Awhile back I was experimenting with aging tags using coffee and baking them in the oven. Made the house smell real good, but didn't really like how they came out. I used to much coffee and the tags came out very dark. So this one was perfect for my Ouija board, looks alot like wood. All the stamps I used are from Oxford Impressions "Haunted" series.
Yea... back in the 70's my mom would play with the Ouija board with us. It scared me to death. Glad to say I know longer rely on a board for direction but I look to the Lord. Still I think the stamp is awesome, brings back funny memories of old play things....
Hummmm I predict you will be creating something in the future.... oh just go and have fun with your paper and scissors... :)

13 comments:

Dragon said...

Oh I like it!!! It is so vintage looking and dark for the board... Great interpretation of the numbers thing in this lovely dream
Hugs
Frankie
xx

Dragon said...

BTW I want your sparkly pointer!!!! Fab...
Frankie
xx

Jenny said...

Great tag Toni...hope you are right about your prediction...think you could be....lol
Jenny

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous great pair of tags and that little bottle of blue inspired. xx Zoe

Andrea C said...

it looks brilliant, however much coffee you used turned out just right this time x

Femmy said...

great tag!!!!

K said...

gorgeous tagx!

Faye said...

Toni, this is awesome! I bet baking the coffee-soaked tags would make the house smell delightful. I wonder if there is some way to soak tags in cinnamon. Love how your tag turned out and also pleased that your guidance comes from a much better source than the Ouiji board.

24 crowns said...

Great tag Toni Loved the idea of coffee to color. tea is also good but doesn't leave your tags real dark. try beet juice for a real kickin red. Love mom

June said...

Fabulous and so vintage looking. I love this
Hugs June xx

Nan said...

Love the way your coffee tag turned out. I've been experimenting with koolaid and it so pretty but the tags smell like candy forever!!

Riet Harikini said...

Very mysterious, I love it.

Diane said...

Great piece! Diane

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.