BLOG BUDDIES

July 27, 2010

GOTHIC ARCH CHALLENGE "Marie Antoinette"

This week at Gothic Arches challenge the theme is Marie Antoinette and I chose to use my bees wax for this to give it that old vintage aged look. The pictures really don't do it justice but you need to try it, you will love it.
The image I got off the internet and applied to chipboard arch. Then added perfect pearls patina colors for the highlighted colors on the side. To add another dimension to the clothing, I took old fashion school glue rubbed a layer on with my finger let it dry just until it was tacky and then applied a another coat of bees wax. This technique works great with acrylic paints, actually makes great cracks in your art. The bees wax didn't work as well but still provided me area to distress ink for texture effect. The crystals hanging from the vintage flowers were purchased at Studio Garage Band Etsy Shop, they also have the Melting Pot & BeesWax for sale.
Thanks for looking xoxo Toni

10 comments:

EraserQueen said...

Those roses are scrumptious! What a great arch, I love beeswax :D You have a great blog, I shall be following you!

Jo said...

i love how you incorporated your crystals on your project =)

Lynn Stevens said...

oh shes lovely! havent played with bees wax in ages!

Femmy said...

gorgeous arch!!

Jann said...

What a beautiful arch! I love the soft look, and the roses and crystals are a lovely touch!

Dragon said...

Oh what lovely work here Toni... So lush and regal!! What about paper roses on TIO???? tee hee
Hugs
Frankie
xx

Kris Dickinson said...

Such a fabulous arch!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I've added this to my favourites as I must try this technique. Beeswax is a bit of a favourite of mine but never tried this. BTW your arch is stunning. Lynne M

SHAWN said...

I love your Marie and her children. I think the wax realy brought out the softness of the image. Keep on creating--xoxo

24 crowns said...

Toni Loved the idea of bees wax. and the school glue great idea to make then dress look full. mom

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.