BLOG BUDDIES

November 6, 2009

Thankful on Nov 6th

I recently visited this wonderful art store in South Pasadena called Zinnia which is where these pictures came from. This quaint art store is packed full of doodads and knickknacks useful to mixed media artists and paper crafters .
When I walked in I truly got goose bumps. The colors, the textures, the oddities, all waiting to be painted, glued, made into something wonderfully creative. I am so thankful for the gift of creativity. It allows me to expand myself to places I normally might not go. It beckons the imperfection in myself. Some of my oops have become my most favorite things. A calmness takes over my spirit that I can't really explain. That creativity can be from painting, crafting, or even writing this blog. Creativity allows me to surrender myself, it's priceless. As a child, I could color for hours and it brought such joy to me. I still to this day try to keep that in mind, making sure that whatever I am doing it brings a smile to my face.... not the end product necessarily but the journey.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
Joseph Chilton Pearce

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.